Saturday, May 25, 2013

GOD GAVE US LIBERTY NOW

Well, now, is this not "uber" appropriate? That I am pecking out this blog post on an Android mobile device to be published under the rubric of "web developments?" Indeed, it is.

Perhaps it is credited to my recent (temporary) job loss that I am finding the time to pursue God and my interests in social media and the universe therein. I will not equivocate over what I feel and believe to be the greatest value of social media: the propagation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It is true that other channels of subject matter, such as news or entertainment, satisfy our basic, God-given need for social interaction. But by themselves, they leave the soul empty and longing for fulfillment in something other than today's world.

I am talking about resources available to all users in the free world -- an unfortunate distinction necessary in our fallen state -- which, indeed, because of making Christ the center of their message and means, afford their listeners/viewers/readers hope and peace in this life.

Let us protect that God-given right to pursue Him with every medium at our hands! The pen (keyboard) will prevail in the hearts of people who recognize their need for God's saving grace and liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment